Moving to Wiesbaden
Wiesbaden is the second-largest city in Hesse after Frankfurt am Main. It has approximately 290,000 inhabitants – 19,000 of them being US citizens (mostly associated with the United States Army).
The Wiesbaden urban area is home to approximately 560,000 people, and it’s part of the Frankfurt Rhine-Main Region that includes many other major cities such as Darmstadt and Mainz.
The city is the oldest spa town in Europe, with its name being translated as “meadow baths”, a reference to its famed hot springs. Apart from that, Wiesbaden is also one of the wealthiest cities in Germany, being home to the headquarters of several international and German companies such as Abbott Laboratories, Ferrari, Porsche, Norwegian Cruise Line, SGL Carbon, Dyckerhoff, and others.
City Orientation Tours
After our orientation tours, your employees will be more than excited about their new surroundings – they’ll undoubtedly be enthusiastic about everything that awaits them in Germany. If your transferees don’t know what’s coming around the corner, the relocation can seem daunting, but our tours show not only what life is like here in Germany, but also take care of all their questions, so they are not afraid of the move.
Short and Long-Term Stays
Our massive network of partners across Germany allows us to find all sorts of houses or apartments for short or long-term stays – even through the ones that are off the regular market! From apart-hotels to furnished apartments, our advisors will consider your transferees’ every requirement to find the best suitable option for them.
Help Transferees Get Settled
Packimpex provides your company and transferees with a seamless relocation from start to finish. With over 45 years of experience, we understand what it takes to make moving overseas as easy and stress-free for your employees as possible. Our settling-in services include getting set up with phone numbers and internet providers and dealing with other bureaucracies once they arrive in Germany.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wiesbaden is one of the most livable cities in Europe, with around 270,000 people. It’s also known for its spa culture that attracts tourists worldwide to enjoy what it has to offer.
Wiesbaden is located in Germany, near the Rhine River. It is about 15 kilometres away from Mainz, 40 kilometres from Frankfurt am Main and 570 kilometres from Berlin.
Wiesbaden is a fantastic place to live because it’s so beautiful and offers some great things for its inhabitants to do. The city is excellent, and the neighbourhoods provide a little of everything for everyone.
Here are some options of good districts to live in:
- Oststadt: This is one of the most popular and vibrant districts in the city. It’s filled with beautiful living areas, parks, restaurants, shops and more.
- Biebrich: this is a great area for those who want to have a little more peace and quiet. It has some really nice properties, and it’s located along the Wiesbaden River, which is great for taking long walks or just relaxing with friends on a weekend afternoon.
- Westend: This district is full of life and offers people everything they need to have a comfortable life, including restaurants, shops and parks. Wiesbaden Westend is a great choice for people who want to be in the middle of it all.
- Wallstadt: This area has grown considerably over the last few years, with new highrises built every day. It’s one of the most up-and-coming neighbourhoods in the city and great for those who like to be at the centre of everything.
- Sedanplatzand: another great district in the city; this area is perfect for those who want to be close to the Wiesbaden University of Applied Sciences. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes in this district as well.
- Nordost: this is the perfect neighbourhood for families looking to find a great deal on their next home. There are plenty of green spaces in this area, and it’s only 15 minutes from the city center. Plus, it’s full of small businesses, so it’s super convenient.