Moving to Ulm
Ulm is a city in the German state of Baden-Württemberg, located on the Danube River. It was founded in 850, and today, this eastern-most Bavarian town, boasts a strong economic centre, where you’ll find thriving industries and great universities.
The city is relatively small and easy to love. It has about 120,000 residents and lots of cultural activities for people to experience. Whether you prefer a theatre performance or a basketball game, Ulm really does have something for everyone!
Relocation Support & Advice
When you work with Packimpex, moving your employees is a breeze. We will make sure transferees are comfortable with the process from start to finish and we will be sure to address any concerns you or they may have along the way.
On top of that, our team will outline all the documents necessary for transitioning to their new lives abroad and we’ll even provide a remote virtual presentation so everyone feels at home before their move even starts!
City Orientation Tours
Packimpex’s team offers assistance for transferees who are about to move to Germany. We’ll help them get familiar with their new home, give them our best tips for getting used to their new surroundings and we’ll help them find answers to their questions about the moving process, bureaucracy and the city as a whole.
Childcare and Schooling
We understand that your transferees and their families may be unfamiliar with Germany’s educational system, conditions or language. That’s why we provide a variety of solutions to help with their most pressing needs… such as childcare and education!
We will help your employees find the right school for their children based on their requirements so they can get back to work as soon as possible.
Help Transferees Get Settled in Germany
When moving to a new country, the last thing you want is more stress. Your transferees have enough on their plates already! This is why we help your employees with all of the tedious tasks that come with a relocation like this.
Our team of experts will walk them through the process of getting set up with a new phone number or internet provider so they can get back to work and back to their lives!
Frequently Asked Questions
Ulm is located in the southwest of Germany and has a population of 200,000. The city is close to Stuttgart and Munich, being respectively, only 90 and 156 kilometres away from them. On the other hand, Zürich, in Switzerland, is about 240 kilometres away – a good 3-hour drive.
Ulm is well connected with the rest of Germany and Europe. The closest airport (the Memmingen airport) is only 48 kilometres away. The nearest international airports are Munich Airport (156 kilometres away) and Stuttgart Airport (90 kilometres). For instance, to get there from Munich, all you need to do is hop on the train and enjoy the 2-hour ride.
There are plenty of districts to choose from with different qualities and prices that meet the needs of every budget. Here are some great options:
- Oststadt: The charm of this district is its historic feel with traditional architecture and old buildings. This area is excellent for its convenience.
- Mitte: The central district is the centre of all life in Ulm. It has many shops, bars and restaurants to explore when you’re looking for something new. Moreover, you’re super well-connected since you’re super close to the Bahnhoff there.
- Michalsberg: Michalsberg is a pretty upscale district with lots of green and trees. You’ll find modern, elegant architecture here as well as plenty of parks to explore.
- Weststadt: this neighbourhood is an excellent option for people looking to be close to the city centre but at a more affordable price. It is a great option because it is an up-and-coming neighbourhood that has a lot of charm and space.
- Neu-Ulm: Neu-Ulm is perfect for those who want to have a more relaxed lifestyle. It’s quieter with lots of green space and smaller roads, but you’re still only minutes from downtown.
Ulm is a great place to live, and life there is pretty good and relaxed. The community of people there is great, and the parks and paths along the river give you the feeling to be close to nature at all times. The city is very lively and offers all of the amenities you need to live a comfortable life. The only downside is that it can get really cold in winter and hot during summer due to its location.