Relocating to Stuttgart
Although Stuttgart is one of the most important German cities, it is often overlooked. But when you take a closer look at this city, it becomes apparent that Stuttgart has so much going for it. It’s so much more than just an automotive town. In fact, it offers plenty of opportunities to start your own business, if that’s something you’re interested in doing.
International Moving Advice
Packimpex is a global leader when it comes to company relocation. Our dedicated experts will ensure that every part of the moving process is handled with care and expertise so everything runs smoothly.
Our experience speaks for itself. With over 4,500 international moves every year and more than 40 years on the market, we can guarantee that you will get the best relocation advice starting with your first consultation call.
Want to help your employees get to know the city like a local? Our orientation tours are the perfect way to answer all their questions about the city and the moving process. This is a great way to make them feel more comfortable with the relocation well before it happens.
Packimpex is ready to answer all your questions, whether you’re planning a companywide relocation or helping transferees get acquainted with their new home abroad.
Advanced Relocation Technology & Expertise
Stay up-to-date with your employees’ relocation process with our cloud-based software, Relox. This user-friendly software provides both employer and employees access to all the essential information about their move.
Packimpex’s local expertise and partners help transferees find suitable housing options according to their specific needs.
Temporary Accommodation for Transferees
Whether your team members are looking for a temporary or permanent home, Packimpex helps them find what’s best for them. Our local expertise and vast network across the country ensure you will have access to great houses and apartments that may not even be listed on the regular market.
Finding School and Childcare for Their Kids
Packimpex helps parents find the perfect childcare or school for their kids so they can adjust to life in Germany. We will present an overview of the available schools and the German educational system so parents can have all the information they need to make the best decision! Our goal is always to match your employees with an option that best suits their needs.
Packimpex has been helping professionals settle in for over 40 years. We know you want the process to be as stress-free as possible for your employees and for you. That’s why our experts are standing by, ready to help your team get acquainted with their new surroundings from the moment they arrive. With Packimpex’s services, it won’t take long before they feel at home!
Frequently Asked Questions
Stuttgart is located in the southwestern part of Germany. It’s relatively close to France and Switzerland. The border with France is an hour and a half drive away, while Constance – on the border with Switzerland – is only a 2-hours drive.
The city is about 230 kilometres from Munich – a 3-hour drive – 200 kilometres from Frankfurt and 380 kilometres from Salzburg, in Austria.
Rent in the city varies depending on the person’s requirements, but we can provide you with an average estimate. For example, the monthly rent in Stuttgart is around 900 euros for a one-bedroom apartment in the city centre, while a 3-bedroom apartment costs about 1,700 euros in the same area.
The average cost of living in Stuttgart, including rent, utilities and other essential expenses, is around 2,000 euros for one person and 3,700 for a family of four.
The city has many districts, each with its own personality and amenities. However, the central areas are more expensive than other parts of the city. Here are some of the best neighbourhoods to live in:
- Botnang: Botnang is one of the most affordable neighbourhoods in Stuttgart. This neighbourhood offers various housing options with plenty of public transportation available to get downtown or to nearby major shopping centres.
- Sillenbuch: Located on the outskirts, Sillenbuch has more green space and less traffic than many other parts of town. Residents of this area enjoy a less urban environment that is still close to the city.
- Vaihingen: The Vaihingen neighbourhood offers the best of both worlds with an urban, busy downtown and much more green space than anywhere else in Stuttgart. This area has plenty of public transportation options for residents who want easy access to all areas of town.
- Hedelfingen: This district is great for families with children. It offers peace and quiet yet is close to retail shops, schools, parks and other amenities.
- Mühlhausen: the Mühlhausen neighbourhood is perfect for those who want to live in a nice, suburban environment. It is home to plenty of shopping and dining options as well as peaceful green spaces.
- Münster: another great neighbourhood to live in Münster. This part of the city has a perfect mix of housing and proximity to work. So, if you want to enjoy a shorter commute, this area is excellent.