Moving to Bielefeld
Bielefeld is a picturesque city with old-world charm. Its 19th century cobbled streets and traditional culture is perfect for those who enjoy architecture and history, or for anyone who just wants to see what life in Germany looks like outside of Berlin.
Bielefeld has more than 330,000 inhabitants and it ranks 18th among all German cities when you consider total size (population).
Relocation Advice for Your Company Move
When you work with our relocation managers, moving can actually be a smooth process. They will take care of any and all your concerns to make sure you are comfortable from start to finish.
We are experts when it comes to helping transferees with the immigration process. Our team will outline all of the documents you will need and even provide a remote virtual presentation to help your team feel more comfortable before their move.
Relox – Relocation Technology
Time is a valuable commodity when you’re relocating. You always want to be sure that your time — as well as the transferees’ time —is being used effectively and efficiently. Relox is our secret to making sure this happens.
This relocation technology provides transferees with an easy-to-use overview, so everyone knows exactly where things stand at all times during their move. This removes any confusion about what needs to happen next or who is going to handle it.
Temporary Apartments Rental
One of the other reasons Packimpex is the best choice for relocating is their network of local partners in Bielefeld. These individuals have access to some of the top housing market experts available in the area! We work with this local network of housing market experts to ensure that you and your transferees have access to the best houses and apartments.
Childcare and Schooling
Even if your employees are unfamiliar with Germany’s educational system and language, we have a solution. Our experts will help them find the right school for their children using research that considers all of their needs, including how long they will stay and what they prioritize in their child’s education. We will then give them the best options in Bielefeld, and they choose the one that suits them and their family!
A successful move means that everyone feels comfortable and at ease in their new home. That’s why our relocation services include settling-in services.
Your assigned relocation manager will walk your transferees through all the important settling-in tasks, like getting set up with a new phone number, internet provider and bank account. We’ll ensure that they have zero stress about getting back to work and back to their life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bielefeld is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia. It is about 400 kilometres from Berlin, which would take about four and a half hours to drive. Moreover, it’s approximately one hour and a half from Dortmund, three hours from Hamburg, and six from Munich.
This is a great city with plenty of things to do for those who live there. There are many parks, rivers to swim in or boat on, and plenty of family-friendly attractions.
The Bielefeld Zoo is a great place to check out some animal friends without having to go too far from home. The zoo’s mammals range from lions to monkeys and will make children happy.
The Bielefeld University has a great student culture and plenty of things for young people to explore, such as the Bielefeld Student Union building with its cafés and music venues. In any case, it is easy to stay entertained just by walking around the city!
This city is a great place to live, and there are plenty of neighborhoods to suit anyone’s needs. Some of the best neighborhoods to live in are Quelle, Gadderbaum, Bielefeld-Mitte, Hoberge-Uerentrup, Lüdinghausen and Schildesche:
- Quelle: Quelle is one of the city’s most popular neighbourhoods. It has a great mix of nature and city life, with plenty of green space to enjoy and the Bielefeld West station, which provides easy access to the city’s business district.
- Gadderbaum: this is a more up-and-coming neighbourhood and a great place to live for those looking to be in close proximity to the city’s business district.
- Bielefeld-Mitte: this area is popular because of its central location, and it has some great apartments too. The best thing about it is that it is close to everything, and you can get everywhere from there.
- Hoberge-Uerentrup: this neighbourhood offers residents an excellent mix of trees, parks and greenery.
- Lüdinghausen: one of Bielefeld’s most famous neighbourhoods is Lüdinghausen. It offers residents a variety of homes to choose from and some excellent schools for families with kids. There are also plenty of shops in this area, making it very convenient even for those who don’t own a car.
- Schildesche: this is another great neighbourhood to live in. It offers residents a variety of schools and shopping opportunities while being relatively close to the centre as well.